WatchPAT measures the following metrics:
- Real Sleep Time — measures actual time asleep — not just time in bed, like other home devices, providing a more accurate assessment of sleep apnea.
- RDI and AHI — special indices that determine the severity of sleep apnea.
- ODI (Oxygen Desaturation Index) — measurement of blood oxygen levels. When not enough oxygen reaches the brain, a person awakens from sleep.
- Heart Rate — the number of heart beats per minute while sleeping.
- Body Position — notes whether you sleep on your back (supine), front (prone) or side, which all influence apnea.
- Snoring Intensity (dB) — loud snoring is a major indicator of sleep apnea.
- Sleep Stages and Architecture (wake/light/deep) — the cyclical pattern of various NREM and REM sleep stages summarized in a chart called a hypnogram.
- REM/NREM Sleep — dreaming sleep characterized by rapid eye movement (REM), the shortest portion of the sleep cycle; Non-REM (NREM) sleep, the largest portion of the sleep cycle, has three separate stages and distinct electrical brain wave patterns.
- Sleep Fragmentation — repeated short interruptions of sleep throughout the night, reducing the total amount of time spent in the deepest level of sleep.
- Sleep Statistics