Narval CC works by simply holding your jaw in a forward position while you sleep to expand the space behind your tongue and help prevent obstruction and snoring. A recent clinical study found that worn nightly, Narval CC significantly reduces sleep apnea symptoms and improves quality of life.1 Get easygoing sleep therapy — night after night — with Narval CC.
Narval™ CC is the first and only CAD/CAM custom-made mandibular repositioning device (MRD) on the market. Narval CC is the ultimate MRD solution for patients with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), as well as those who are unable to comply with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment. It is also a first line treatment for snoring in the absence of OSA.
Ask your doctor or Dentist about Narval CC and check with your medical insurance provider to find out how oral appliances for sleep apnea are included in your plan.
- Lightweight and low-profile. Designed to be discreet and noninvasive.
- Comfortable. The small size and customized design means the Narval will fit comfortably and snugly in your mouth.
- Freedom. Gives you the flexibility to talk and drink, as well as close your mouth and breathe during sleep,2 unlike some other appliances.
- Patient satisfaction. Users reported wearing the appliance 6.7 hours per night, 6.6 days per week. 84% of users had successful treatment using Narval CC.
Narval CC Indications/Contra-indications
Narval CC is contraindicated in patients who have:
- Central sleep apnea
- Severe respiratory disorder
- Loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease
- Are less than 18 years of age
- A completely edentulous lower arch
- Complete removable dentures
- Missing lower posterior molars on one or both sides of the mandible
- Maximum mandibular advancement of less than 5mm
- Short teeth, insufficient teeth per arch and quadrant (e.g. -4 minimum per quadrant), insufficient undercuts to retain the device
Additional conditions should be considered including history of asthma, breathing, or respiratory disorders, or other relevant health problems.